Monday, October 02, 2006

Nightmare Come True

Well, that didn't take long. Someone on Fark got nasty and linked to the Study Abroad section in the Inquirer, using a hideous headline. The comments section is appalling. Appalling enough that I was tempted to say something about it on the forums. Like "Read the article, you brainless waste of life."

Fortunately the Fark admins have anticipated such blinding rage, so you need an account to post, and it takes 24 hours to create an account, by which point, in all likelihood, whatever you were going to flame about has no relevance. I don't have a Fark account and I decided not to create one, but if any farkers made it here, let the following be known, please:

I made no money. (The stipend was to cover living expenses, like food and laundry).
My expenses were covered. This was an internship. (My parents didn't pay for it).
I earned no class credit. Again, this was an internship.
I did not go to Europe. Sri Lanka is in Asia.
I did not drink. Sri Lanka is mostly Buddhist, and alcohol is highly discouraged.

That is all.

No comments: