Monday, July 31, 2006

Reader Poll

The last few days have been crazy, and life is going to stay that way until I get back home, I think. I'm with my parents now and we're up near Sigiriya, kicking around a bunch of ruins.

We spent the last few days at YEF doing serious work on the website. And then, on Saturday, I got up at 4 am and took a van to Colombo. I was going to meet my parents in Kandy. I took a bus to Kandy, and arrived at the hotel to the blissful realization that I have a room to myself for the first time in 9 weeks. Sri Lankans aren't really introverted -- they can't afford to be. Everyone lives too close together. I think I found the only other introvert in all of Sri Lanka.

Travelling with my parents is always an experience (heck, at this point, hot water is an experience. I love my showers now). They've hired a driver to take them around the country, and I think he has a crush on my mom. It's really funny. He won't really talk to me or my dad. I think he's afraid of us.

I come home in a little less than a week!!! It will be great, and I'm really excited. This may be my last post before I get home, so I'm sorry it's short. Anyway, this blog was created to cover my trip to and from Sri Lanka, so now that I'm pretty much done with that, I'm trying to figure out if I should keep up with my blog. The only reason I would is if other people still want to read it. So if you really care one way or another, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure want to read more. Be interesting to hear about what it feels like to get home and sift through the whole experience.

Lindsay said...

I need thesis procrastination tools. Keep writing. :)