Thursday, May 04, 2006

Back Story


For those who haven't heard, I'm headed to Sri Lanka this summer for a tech consulting internship. I'll be working with 2 organizations on the southern coast for a total of 10 weeks. I was able to get this internship through a tech consulting class that I'm finishing up, and my professor has asked that I keep a blog while I'm there.

FAQ

Where is Sri Lanka?
Off the southern tip of India. It used to be called Ceylon and it's famous for it's tea (Ceylon tea).

Didn't the tsunami hit Sri Lanka?
Yes, and one of the organizations I'll be working with is dedicated to tsunami relief. The south coast, where I'll be, is one of the most affected areas.

Isn't there a civil war going on?
Not as of this writing. It remains a possibility. The most dangerous areas are the north and east, far from where I'll be. In fact, I'll be about as far as possible from any conflict.

Did you really use an LOTR reference for your blog title? Are you THAT much of a dork?
Yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool, a...blog...yeah. why are you going to sri lanka? school thing?