Monday, August 21, 2006

How to be Stupid: Part 2

I forgot to mention that all of my exploits were put in perspective last night when my sister called to say she was in the emergency room. Again. Something about a surfing injury involving deep cuts and stitches. Last night, it sounded like she was ok.

However, this is what I heard from her today:
So
Funny story
after the doctor stitched me up, he asked if the two nurses had put this antibiotic salve on my leg before he stitched it.
i said no
he said, "oh, okay, well, it's really important that we do that so that it doesn't get infected."
and then we both forgot
so today it's big and red and puffy
and infected
so i go to the health center, and explain the situation
and they give me these meds, and right as I'm leaving, they ask, "you're not allergic to penicillin, right?"
and i'm thinking... uh oh
"yeah, I am, it says so right on my chart"
so, they talk for a bit
and the doctor comes back
and she's like... well, these meds *might* not give you an allergic reaction
but we *know* that your leg's infected
ergo.... MATHMATHMATHMATH..... statistics say that you should take this medicine
so i'm taking medicine which will probably give me an allergic reaction to an infection on my leg which is present because the doctors forgot to clean out my cut
and they said that they would just put a salve over top of it and try to clean it out that way
but they forgot
and then i forgot
and tom forgot
until i came home and was thinking about it
and was like..... wait
damn

No comments: